System Tools and Services for the Computer System/Server Admin
- File Extension Library
- detailed database of file extensions (used in WinBackup).
- WinTasks Process Library
- In the recesses of your computer, 20-30 invisible processes run silently in the background. Some hog system resources, turning your PC into a sluggish computer. Worse yet, other useless processes harbour spyware and Trojans - violating your privacy and giving hackers free reign on your computer. WinTasks Process Library is an invaluable resource for anyone who wants to know the exact purpose of every single process.
WinTask (Pro) is available as Desktop Software for Windows PCs. Test it for 30 Days free of charge without any risks and obligations. Download WinTask Pro Trial (link starts file download).
Being a movie buff myself, let me tell you: AnyDVD + CloneDVD rock! I use both products myself for years already.
- Free Windows Registry Scan
(Software Download Link), powered by Registry Booster, a Software Program developed by the Award Winning Company and creator of WinTasks Pro, Uniblue Systems.
Clean, repair, and optimize your system. Residual files, unused and undeleted drivers, and corrupt or bad entries in registry settings will quickly litter even the newest of computers. Clean and optimize your system, free it from registry errors and fragmented entries and dramatically enhances performance and general stability.
- Other usefull products from Uniblue Systems
you should check out are: WinBackup, SpeedUpMyPC and the already mentioned, WinTask Pro. All products are available as free download
that you can try them out risk free and without paying a dime, before you spent your hard earned bucks.
Online Tools for Users and Admins
- I was impressed by Desktop Software Tools like DR.Hardware and it was able to find out all the zillion things about your computer, but what PC Pitstop! does and that only via a meager Active/X Plug-in and for free blew me away (Dr.Hardware for example is not free). The report for each of my PC's after it was done (the test took 5-10 minutes) was 35-40 Letter size pages, if you copy the individual web pages the nice online report is broken down into to a word document and print it out (what I did :) ). The report is stored with your account (which is needed, but as I said, free) and accessible in the future.
It not only shows you in detail the hard and software in your computer, but also provides detailed tips for the areas where things are not so 100% okay. One laptop had some issues which bugged me, because I did not know what it was and did not have the time for hours of troubleshooting. I ran the checker and boom, nice list with possible issues. The symptoms I noted were also noted by the tool. It compares you performance data with an existing database of similar systems and tells you how your machine is doing compared to people with similar machines and usage (business, personal etc.).
Great tool. Check it out. I am still looking for the catch. The Active/X is no spyware that was my first suspicion (thinking okay, the service is free and they get themselves the money by other means or something like that hehe. I am sorry! :) ).
Now seriously. The make money by selling various support tools and also, what I consider much more important, offer direct tech support and help. Some is free, other cost money. Great for people that are struggeling with the challanges of modern computer hardware.
I did not check the general tools they offer yet. They are honest when it comes to telling you options, e.g. use the build in Windows tool to defrag your hard disk, but we also offer a tools that does this plus more, which is... and benefits you because ... and cost ..... . No sales pitch that turns you off or smells like rip-off.
Note, the Optimizer is free for scanning, but none of the changes are done unless you pay. However, it shows you what it wants to do (e.g. change registry key entry at... path/key from value x to value z). Some is the case with the Spyware scanner "Exterminate".
They have an online virus scanner
which is neat, also the Internet Bandwidth/Speed Test
and Currently running programs
(looks also for running spyware) checks are handy.
- top -
- top -
- top -